Ghitis, Frida. CNN.com. N.p., 06 03 2014. Web. 6 Mar 2014. <http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/06/opinion/ghitis-new-cold-war/index.html?hpt=op_t1>.
This article is an opinion article so I had a lot to think about it after I read it. The author says that we are entering a new Cold War because Vladmir Putin is repeating History. Putin has ended hopes that Moscow and the West would smooth relations and work hand-in-hand toward common objectives. To survive the new Cold War, the author gives us 5 lessons that we have learned from history to help influence the future. She says that America and Europe are most influential, Putin can't be messed with, you should be wary when you give up nuclear weaponry, you shouldn't expect support from all countries, and that violence may not be most helpful with resolving conflicts.
This article is an opinion article so I had a lot to think about it after I read it. The author says that we are entering a new Cold War because Vladmir Putin is repeating History. Putin has ended hopes that Moscow and the West would smooth relations and work hand-in-hand toward common objectives. To survive the new Cold War, the author gives us 5 lessons that we have learned from history to help influence the future. She says that America and Europe are most influential, Putin can't be messed with, you should be wary when you give up nuclear weaponry, you shouldn't expect support from all countries, and that violence may not be most helpful with resolving conflicts.
No comments:
Post a Comment